Jan 15, 2014

Reno Weekend


 So, on Thanksgiving night we got in our pajamas, said goodbye to Axel, and then over the mountains and through the woods to Grandmother and Grandfather's house we,well, went! It took an extra hour because Trevor and I were so busy talking that we missed our exit but oh well! We laughed pretty hard about it! 
 It was so fun to drive up to Grandma and Grandpa's beautifully decorated home! 

Shelby said it was a Winter Wonderland! 

The next morning we were up and happily enjoying waffles in Grandma and Grandpa's new Reno house! 
After breakfast, it was off to Scheel's, Trevor's favorite place in the world. He might love it as much as I love Disneyland. It was a very cool store. All the 49er Kaepernick stuff made us smile! (He played for the University of Nevada.) Shelby and Cora enjoyed looking at all the mounted animals. 
 Then they got to write letters to Santa!  
I still don't know what the cake toy is, and it was never spoken of again after this letter! 
By "kitty" Cora didn't mean a real, live cat, but a little robot "fur real" kitty. I love how she wanted to write down what Shelby wanted too. She also would tell people that she wanted "kitty toys for Boots" (Lorraine's kitty). Santa delivered to Boots for sure! 
Bowling? Sure! 
I see you two lovebirds in the background! 
After a yummy dinner at an awesome Mexican place, we settled in by the Christmas tree and watched the Grinch try to ruin Christmas! 
The next day we drove up to the Mt. Rose Ski Resort which was only 25 minutes from Reno! 
 These girls were SO excited about the snow! 
 We all had fun throwing snow on each other! 
 She couldn't stop eating and licking the snow!!!
 Then, Trevor and Curtis found a perfect spot for sledding just past the parking lot! So fun! You'll notice Shelby's total perma-smile! 

 Little 2 year old daredevil! 
We all had our turn!
Since the girls were just wearing rain boots, (it's all we have!) eventually they filled with snow and their cold toes needed to be warmed up quick! If they had snow boots on we might still be there! 
After our snow adventure, we took some cute family photos across the street at Curtis and Kathi's  neighbor's house. They are in their ward and are the nicest family! 
This one's my favorite! 
The neighbor's dog, Abby, loves attention and wanted in the picture too! I think Abby liked the girls too, because she tried to get in the car with us when we were getting ready to leave! 
It was an awesome weekend! Thanks Grandpa and Grandma! 

1 comment:

Grandpa C said...

What a wonderful visit and just a week too early for a big winter snowfall. We love our time together and I will retain the sleds and maybe even put booster rockets in them just for fun. The pictures are very good. I look ugly, but everyone else looks great.