Sing it! "Who will march along in the Halloween parade? Witches in tall hats, ghosts and big, black bats! Tra lalalalalala" It was a bit like a horror movie as the parents elbowed each other and ran for the best spot to photograph their precious child!
Line up! Time to sing!
The Addams Family
A Halloween song set to "She'll be coming 'round the mountain"
5 Little Calabasas (5 little pumpkins but with some Spanish words)
The Monster Mash!
Since Trevor couldn't be there until later, my mom was wonder woman and helped with Cora so I could simultaneously video and take pictures!
More songs! These kids loooove to sing!
Who doesn't when it's always to live piano played by the great Mrs. Voon!
They did 5 little children (hopping up and down, playing trick or treat, etc.), What Do Witches Eat, and One Eyed One Horned Flying Purple People Eater
TA-DA! My first class party as room mom! I set up most of it the night before. I think it turned out great! I made the ghosts and some spider oreos (you know, the pinterest ones with mini m&m's for eyes and twizzler sticks for legs). The kids loved them! I'm the only stay at home mom who is from this country in the class. Cora and I got there early and helped all the kids get dressed and finished setting up. Since only one parent signed up to help, Mrs. Bean and I thought we would be on our own, but every single parent came to watch, apparently they just didn't want to help! HAHA!
Those peep ghosts were my favorite, so easy and so cute!
I had a few games for the kids to play as well, a bean bag toss (run by the only mom to sign up to help!)
ghost bowling (run by trevor and jim)
and a counting game that I made up.
They had to put the right number of plastic eyeballs in each big cup. Fun for the 4 and 5 year olds!
Daddy made it!
Grace is one of a kind! She's dressed up like a fox by the way.
Grace came home with us to hang out until the Halloween party at our house started!
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
So much stuff for one little party!
I really can't help myself.
And though I love Christmas, Halloween is starting to be my favorite holiday. Target was extra deadly this year with their decorations and such!
See those candy cane oreos? My favorite of any oreo ever. They smell as good as they taste too. Like the best frosting ever. YUM.
My mom was nice enough to get us an edible arrangement so we could try to even out the candy consumption with a bit of fruit. Look at that cute ghost!
Dad got a new car on Halloween! Fun!
This makes me so happy! We had our neighbors from across the street, and Jim, Nancy and Grace, along with my parents over for pizza and then group trick or treating!
Watching Spooky Buddies no doubt!
We got the good stuff this year. Round Table! The best!
Trevor set up a blacklight, a strobe light, a light that shined on the house and made the whole thing look purple, and a fog machine. I got SO much candy, like we spent a ton on it, and we still ran out! I'm guessing we had over 400 kids at our house. No joke. Our neighborhood is the place to be on the south side of San Jose!
My Dad handed out candy at our house and my mom handled Alison's house so that moms and dads could all take the kids out trick or treating. It was so nice of them!
The girls had a great time and people definitely gave them extra candy because they were extra cute!
Shelby was scared of one especially spooky house, and Cora heard her, looked at Trevor and me and said "I not scared, I brave, I get more candy, Let's go Dad" And she marched right up to the spooky house and got herself some more candy! She's so awesome. Nothing stops this girl from getting sugar!
By the end of the night, we started handing out pretzels!
I also made candy corn chex crunch. Yum as always.
Organizing your candy the next day is super fun!
We also made more haunted houses too. :)
But even though so many people on Instagram and Facebook started immediately decorating for Christmas, I had no problem resisting. I love Thanksgiving decorations! One holiday at a time. I keep it classy like Nordstrom. You can decorate on Thanksgiving night. Oh and how fun is it that Pottery Barn had a Cora stocking in their catalog this year? It is a beautiful name. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment