by the way. i'm still pregnant. and i have 11 days to go before my c-section day on february 18th. which is a full moon and a friday. which is why i tried to get the 17th but the hospital was booked. they say tons of women go into labor on a full moon and shelby was born on one and the place was packed! i went on a tour of the maternity ward at the hospital in pleasanton with a friend named kim from my ward and i guess our faces looked pretty bad at even the mention of shared rooms. the nurse leading the tour said "stop pouting ladies!" :) so yeah. we got all of our baby things out of storage like the swing and the bassinet and i am even going to start washing shelby's old baby clothes. craziness. and it's so hot here right now that i can probably use her august newborn stuff! i refuse to believe that anywhere else in the country has snow when it's in the 70's here! i thought because of their difference in birthdays that i would have to buy a lot of new things. like that mattered, i've gotten new stuff anyway! trends change and this baby girl is just as special. can't wait to meet her! but really, i can wait, until the 18th. there is still lots to do!

5 comments:
Wow! You're so close! Although I'm sure it feels like it's taking forever! We were watching the Office rerun of Pam's baby's birth the other day and I was shocked to see the shared room! I hope you don't have to share!
Ok, we totally freaked out on that tour before Elizabeth was born. I was like...umm...SHARED?? We would totally go home if I had to share. Ew. Sharing bathrooms??? DAHH!! No way. Luckily we didn't even have to change from my labor and delivery room, which was nice. And big and alone :)
Wow, great countdown going on. You are one lucky mommy.
I'm betting you won't have to share a room. Don't stress.
Guess what? I'm one of those "lucky" ones who was at that hospital when it was so overcrowded I got to share a room on the peds floor. So not only was I sharing a room, I had a pediatric nurse taking care of me!! If it happens this time for me I am OUT OF THERE!! Not sticking around for that lovely experience to happen again.
I can't believe it is so close! Can't wait to see the little miss and hear her name!
And, you should never have to share a room after having a baby.
Scarlett and Shelby should meet. Maybe we'll head down your way one of these days.
Post a Comment