The day was finally here! Time for Winter Programs! Cora's was first thing in the morning and Shelby's was in the afternoon. It was a big day. Here's Cora taking a little break before class.
I was so glad that baby girl waited until her scheduled date so I didn't miss the programs.
Beautiful girl wearing her sister's skirt from her preschool winter program! Recycling!
Shelby was SO excited to come and watch Cora. She was a little chilly while we were waiting so Grandma and Grandpa helped keep her cozy and warm.
Ready for the show to start! Cora was right in the center and sang every word and knew all her parts. The kids were adorable and we couldn't believe how many songs these 3 year olds had memorized! The little boy next to Cora screamed every word of the songs at the top of his lungs. Cora thinks he's crazy. Only one little child was sad and didn't sing, but it didn't phase the rest of them! They were well prepared by their wonderful teachers. So proud!
My favorite part was their poem: A Chubby Little Snowmen. Cora practiced it for us every day!
A Chubby Little Snowman
Had a Carrot Nose
Along Came a Bunny
And do you suppose (cora said it a-pose)
That Hungry Little Bunny
Looking for His Lunch
Ate That Little Snowman's Nose
Nibble, Nibble, CRUNCH!
At the end they turned around, grabbed the little cotton balls and threw them up in the air to make snow and each child could not stop grinning! It was crazy cute.
First thing she did was run straight for her sister!
Cora's sweet teachers had a seat reserved for big ol' pregnant me! So nice and necessary!
Shelby stayed for the party too of course! Best day ever!
Shelby trying to make Cora and Annette laugh.
I'm so pregnant you guys.
Now it's Shelby's turn! I snuck into the classroom to say hi before the program. Here Shelby is watching Daddy and Grandpa Rich play catch outside her classroom. Those costumes, right? The moms made them! I didn't realize that we should have been elbowing people for a spot by the door so we could rush in to get seats. I seriously though people would be nice to the pregnant lady. NOT happening. Parents were there to see their kid and no one was going to stop them! Luckily Shelby performed on our side for much of the show and we ultimately had to stand for the whole thing anyway to get a good view. Mom thought I might pass out, and so did I! It was worth it of course, but wow, glad it didn't put me into labor or something!
Shelby was the only child given two lines in the program-because one boy went to India for a month. Her newest part was the opening line for the play and we had practiced SO hard. "Welcome to our Winter Program. It is our honor to present Tchaikovsky's famous holiday classic, The Nutcracker." But in the rush of the getting the kids on stage, the teachers forgot to have her say the part! They didn't even remember afterwards, and one commented about how good she was at saying both parts! Luckily Shelby had a really good attitude about it and it was way more fair to just have her do one part. The show just started anyway and was fine. But the teachers said she did it perfectly at every practice. :) I was also glad she only said her one part because my sweet oldest child spent the entire play reminding people where to go on stage and dare I say? Bossing them around when they forgot where to go. It was awesome, and when I asked her teachers about it they just nodded and said she does the same thing to them...reminding them of what they should be doing and they said she's ALWAYS right! That's my girl. No clue where she gets that from. She was a sugar plum fairy. Shelby told me that at first she was really sad about her part because she thought she would have to dress like a plum, but then when she saw her real costume, she was very happy! The headpieces were fantastic as well!
Center stage, that's my girl! So tall!
Letting the kids know where they should go!
Oh, that's cool guy, just take the phone call. No big deal.
Hard to get a clear picture! I couldn't stand on the chairs in my condition so Trevor had to fight his way through to even get this shot. Intense parents!
So proud of our girls! I'm sure baby loved listening to the music too.
Thanks for coming Grandma and Grandpa! They changed their flight out of NYC and missed a couple meetings and got in suuuuper late just so they wouldn't miss it! Meant everything to the girls!
Party time! Fancy glasses with Martinelli's! Wow!
I mostly sat and fanned myself with a plate and answered the same 3 questions about when I was due and what we are having and how I was feeling. Haha! It was so hot! I got lots of sympathy and lots of parents were very excited for us too.
The room mom did a great job with the teacher gifts and collecting money from everyone. I love not being room mom this year!
Talking to Ms. McGee is always fun. She's the perfect kindergarten teacher!
I think they're talking about me!
Love this.
This gives you a better idea of how big the belly was just 12 days away from my c-section and 17 days away from my actual due date. Hello baby!
No comments:
Post a Comment