During the last school assembly of the year, it was finally Shelby's turn to get a character counts bracelet. Hers was citizenship. It was a surprise, so Cora and I snuck in the back to watch.
Shelby Thompson!!!!!
Janya too!
Even though you can't see her face, I can just tell that she's about to burst from excitement!
But it was along assembly so little sister took pictures from her point of view. Goodness, everything looks huge from her height!
Hugs.
The citizenship girls.
Proud sister!
Proud Mom!
Make a kite then try to fly it? Yes, please! And yes to all of these pictures the teacher sent me!
As Room Mom I made sure that the class all knew when it was Mrs. Bean's Birthday! A few kids made cards and brought flowers and small gifts. Shelby and I got her an edible arrangement (since she doesn't eat sugar and is allergic to chocolate!), she had never had one before and the kids sure helped her eat it! We also got her the Frozen dvd because she had never seen it and the kids just thought that was crazy and needed to change! She cried. It was awesome.
Miss Sandy the science teacher arranged for the kids to meet a real cow and calf! Shelby made sure to tell me that the cow peed when it was her turn, and sure enough, you can see it in these pictures. It was a highlight of her entire year for sure, petting that calf and learning about dairy cows.
Little sister always had to give her a goodbye hug and sometimes even stayed for the beginning of the day circle time and song. So ready for preschool!
Dr. Shelby in da house!
I was too sick to come to the Mother's Day breakfast, but I was able to pick up my gift and balloon when I picked her up from school later that day. Shelby is so sweet!
Thank goodness I had the energy to finish my biggest Room Mom project of the year, Teacher Appreciation Day! Each class is on their own to choose how to make their teacher feel special, and it all fell to me because of a couple reasons, one being I was the only stay at home mom and also one of two moms who was born in this country. No kidding. So me and pinterest got together and chose a "Mrs. Bean is a Super Hero" theme. It really worked since there were so many boys in the class!
Cora was excited too! Yay for pajamas at morning drop off! Her cute face is different in every pic!
So, I ordered a cape from and mask from amazon, then made two pages for each child to pick out, and I also asked for a small donation to a class gift card. The little SuperHero book turned out SO CUTE!!!!! It wasn't fancy but it was from the heart. Reading what the kids wrote about her was fun for me and she definitely cried. I hope she knew how much we all love and appreciate her!
(Haha! Somebody's mom did the drawing! Not a surprise.)
I included a few class pictures at the end of the book.
But my favorite part was the cute custom cup that I ordered for her!
It has her name, in her favorite color blue, and also says:
"I teach, what's your superpower?"
We love you Mrs. Bean!
Shelby and her big buddies. Such sweet girls.
Dress Rehearsal Day! Shelby made sure I ordered her a gavel
(it's a plastic one from an online halloween store)
"that is all the girls in my class. the costumes are from my program. this was dress rehearsal."
We practiced at home for weeks, she had the most lines out of anyone in class! She was SO ready for her performance. Here she is right before going on stage. The play was called "Humpty Dumpty, Was He Pushed or Did He Fall?" They learned 9 songs (each child had a solo), our favorite of course was Shelby's song "I am the judge." And what was the verdict? It was an accident! This case is dismissed!
Mrs. Bean will sleep good tonight! Done!
"that is me on stage. i am the judge. and that's it."
Mom took a few pictures of the play and also captured me, Nancy, and Trevor all recording our child's every moment! Having such a small class is a big benefit! No fighting for a good view. Every parent had a great angle!
And Cora was glad they were there since Mom and Dad were busy taking pictures/videoing the whole time!!!
Awesome Mrs. Bean had a whole party set up for the kids afterwards! I brought donuts, donut holes, and fruit. It was a room full of very very very proud parents!
Grandma and Grandpa were so proud too!
Don't be fooled by my smile....3 days later I had to start taking zofran every four hours. I felt so blessed that I was well enough to at least see her amazing play!
Sharing is caring! Best friend sisters. The only sibling, other than one baby, that came to watch!
Daddy went with Shelby on her field trip to the SF Zoo and they had an awesome time. Her smile shows just how crazy excited she was to have Daddy along with her. And he even took pictures for me because he loves me.
Jim, Trevor's best Dad bud, went along with his daughter Grace too.
We are going to miss them next year when we are at different schools!
We are going to miss them next year when we are at different schools!
Excellent flamingo pose!
Eeeeek!
Last week of school!
Monday was Crazy Hair Day and Father's Day breakfast!
Tuesday was Patriotic Day, no pictures. That shows how sick I was!
Wednesday was Hawaiian Day
"lily, madeline, and shelby. they are my buddies!"
Favorite Sports Team Day
Then...the last day of school!!!!! Every class had their own assigned color, I think it was to make their school popsicle party into a rainbow! What an amazing year it has been!
Bye friends! Since we bought a new house, our time at this Stratford campus had come to an end! So it was a real goodbye. It has been a great two years there!!!
Here she was at the beginning of the year!
Kindergarten here we come!






















No comments:
Post a Comment