Valentine's Day!!!! Yay!!!!! They couldn't wait to come down and open their gifts!
Cora would not smile until she was able to eat the chocolate Daddy gave her!
Daddy knows how much all his girls love chocolate! He got me roses and surprised me with lululemon pants!!!! It was amazing. They really lived up to the hype! They hug your bum!
This was Cora's cute face when she heard her Grandpa Curtis on the bluetooth in the car!
Cora's Valentine's lunch with her Mommy and Daddy was lots of fun!
She was still on cloud nine because she got Daddy to paint her nails!!!!!
She stayed home to nap and Trevor finished some work while I finished getting things ready for Shelby's class Valentine's Party!
They had already exchanged Valentines when I got there. (Shelby gave Barbie ones to the girls and Super Buddies-you know, the golden retriever puppies?-to the boys) Mrs. Bean even made a folder for Cora! I'm glad she stayed home to nap though, because it was a busy 2 hours with these energized kids and just me and Mrs. Bean. She didn't want any other parents, which is fine since only one of them even offered to come and help. I started them with a quiet game of trying to see how high they could stack conversation hearts. I set the timer and they were silent! Then we took class pictures...
Shelby is the best helper and LOVES to be the party planner with her momma. This game was fun, but loud! It was just these mini beach balls knocking over plastic cups, and then after you did it, you could keep your beach ball. Having a prize for each game was crucial, it helped me know who had already played each game, and the kids felt so rewarded!
Rope toss! The prize was candy.
squishy heart ball toss, you get to keep one ball.
heart twister! The kids loved it and they got to have bubbles or a necklace. Every boy chose a necklace! I love 5 year olds!
Here's the cookie decorating station. Good think I though to bring lots of extra things, including an extra batch of plain sugar cookies because the sweet parents in this class just don't understand the sign ups! They brought frosted cookies, and a couple bags of jelly beans-like enough for each child to put one on their cookie. Haha!
Snack time! Fruit, Veggies, cookies, heart shaped pretzels, simple stuff.
It warms my heart whenever I see kids that are pickier than my own!
At the end, Mrs. Bean and I took them all outside and since she had a headache that day, I got the chance to do her Friday routine of chasing them around the playground! I love being room mom!
That night we went out to Chili's as a family and then watched a family movie! It was great!
1 comment:
I'll totally go see Britney with you if you'll see Celine with me!
Post a Comment