We had fun watching the Olympics this year! Lots of drama with it being in Russia and everything and of course the Winter Olympics are hard for an American because I'm used to us being dominant in everything! But we can't win the medal count every year! Though I can laugh at dumb speed skating coaches from the Netherlands who say we "waste our athletic talent on games like football" hahahahaha! Please say that in front of the smallest NFL player and let me watch. Speed skating? Really? You wear head to toe spandex and skate around! Let's just say that I'm not impressed that other countries' best athletes are cross country skiers or skaters or lugers. So even without winning in everything, we certainly had some great moments!
This one was my favorite. Cora and I watched it live during the day while she was sick on her birthday! I watched it about 5 times afterwards. It is hard to believe that they aren't romantically involved! Excellent acting you two!
Tara Lipinski and Jonny Weir made the Olympics SO much more fun!
Maybe next time Gracie Gold can live up to her name. 4th is the WORST!
Yay for the USA team bronze!
So I tried not to feel so lame compared to this Mormon mom of two kids who are the same age as my two kids! All the stories on her were awesome. What a great example! And she was as excited for the silver as any gold medal winner.
Such a crazy sport.
I loved when the camera was on her little boy and you could see him saying "Mom! Mom! Mom! Over here! Mom! Mom!" Hahaha!
Australian Mormon living in Park City that all the other snowboarders talked about having endless energy even though she doesn't drink coffee or do drugs. LOVED her!Yay for the first gold medal going to the US!
Well hello cute gold medalist Ted Ligety of Utah.
Nothing better than a USA medal sweep!
So this girl is a teenager. Cool.
I couldn't even watch. too sad. 4th is the worst, even more when you were the BEST!
Would have been more sad if I cared about hockey, which I don't
Watching Miracle during the Winter Olympics is required. Always inspires!
My favorite Winter Athletes by far are the bobsledders. Hellooooooo.
They even looked good in our country's ridiculous opening ceremony costumes!
Men. Manly men.
My Dad's company has a large amount of offices and agents in Canada and so they sponsor something important to Canadians-curling! Women's curling! Hahaha! And the team we sponsor won the Gold!!! Here are a few members of the home office staff visiting Sochi.
Here's friends (who have their office in Pleasanton) enjoying their trip!
They got to go to the Opening Ceremony and a few other events!
I didn't envy them, that's a loooong flight, but it was fun to look at pictures! I love the Olympics!
























No comments:
Post a Comment