Feb 4, 2014

Christmastime!

We had a special family dinner on Christmas Eve Eve Eve (ha!) to celebrate the season and Richard coming home and to use the rest of our monthly allotment at the country club! So off to Boulder Ridge in our own private room we went! 
Poor Cora was running a bit of a fever, but Grandma is always the best medicine. 
It was a great dinner! 
Then Cora and I spent the next 2 days on the couch. I didn't get much (anything) done, but sometimes mommas just have to hold their sick babies. Trevor and I finished the wrapping once they were in bed! Yawn. 

On Christmas Eve day, we loaded up our car and headed to Lodi. Shelby, Cora, and I got to go check out Mimi's new house down the road. After we got back, I walked across the street to spend some time with Grandma Peggy since she had decided to skip the Christmas Eve festivities. 

Then we brought Rosie her Christmas presents! 
Even though my grandpa lives alone, he still decorates his house for Christmas and he was so excited to show Shelby and Cora all of the special ornaments. They sure love Grandpa Lou! 

We helped Grandma get dinner ready! 
That right there is a ham covered in applesauce and brown sugar. It was insanely good. 
Jasmine and Tasha and Blair came over a little early to help and to try to build gingerbread houses.
They kept asking me for help but I was busy doing this and that, sorry guys! Next time I'll focus so we don't only end up with "houses after an earthquake." 
Cora and Leanna chatting about something serious! 
The guys put lights on the swingset for Shelby and Cora. It doesn't look like much in the picture, but it really looked cool and the girls LOVED it. 
Uncle Richard, always the best. 
Sanjay and Shelby playing catch! 
PHOTO BOOTH TIME! YAY! 
Oh I just love them! 
Even though this little one was still sick, she totally rallied and spent the entire night playing with her cousins. She is awesome! 

Can you believe how patient these high schoolers are? Playing with a two year old who totally cheats? They are such nice cousins! 
Grandpa chatting with his sister in law. 
Trevor telling a clearly awesome story! 
We love getting out mom's spode Christmas china every year! 
Hi Grandpa Curtis! 
Time to eat! Yay! I said the prayer this year. :) 
Sue and her sister Nancy. Thanks for smiling! 
Hi Addison! He'll be going off to college in 2014! 
Oh, what's that Cora? You just want jello? Sure! Whatever! 
The gang's all here! I discussed Lorde and the Lumineers with them and tried my best to sound cool. Probably failed. Maybe because I think snapchat is super dumb! 
Friendly fun between cousins. 
Yay! Grandma finally gets to eat! 
Ethan pushed Cora up and down the hallway for like half an hour! I remember holding him as a tiny infant at Christmas Eve! 
See! There's me with Tasha and baby Ethan. 

The boys quickly escaped to the gym and we only got them back because it was finally time to open presents! 
It got a little frosty out there! Brrrrr!
Checking out their cookbooks! Love it! 
Family is the best. 
They've grown so much! This 2002 I believe! 

Fun times as always!

We were sad to leave, but it was time to go home and get ready for Santa! 
Richard clearly was going to miss us and started eating his feelings. 
Just kidding. He's so buff! But it will be great when Brett comes home so he's not the lone kid! Last Christmas Eve without Brett! Yay! 

No comments: