Feb 15, 2014

A New Year!

The day after my birthday we got ready for the beach house. Craziness. 
Oh, does it look like they are fighting? Um no! They are girls! 
They were hugging!!!
High 5 Cora? 
High 5! We are at the beach and the sun is shining! 
And it's the lowest tide of the year! How cool! 
Besides being an extremely low (and high) tide there were also huge waves! You can't tell in these pictures but they were monsters, for this beach anyway! 
Low tide=lots of shells for miss shel-by! 
The next day we all relaxed and then got ready for our fancy New Year's Eve dinner at Roy's at Spanish Bay! 
The food was amazing and the company even better. 
 It was really kid friendly thank goodness! I love Shelby's drawings.
The girls were really good, as they always are when Grandma is around! 
Shelby wanted a picture with the awesome gingerbread village! 
The gingerbread was nice, but what was really entertaining were the couples arriving for a big Spanish Bay 007 themed New Year's Eve party! Hello trophy wives! 
I couldn't get enough pictures of them in these dresses! 
Grandma's favorite thing about Spanish Bay are the fire pits outside. They are really cool! 
And necessary because it was clear and cold! Cali cold anyway. 
Those are 3 awesome guys right there! Love them so much! 
When we got home, we had a small and very early celebration because I was rocking a monster migraine and had to go to bed immediately. 
Grandma made sure they didn't miss out on anything! 
First though the girls begged me to let them hop in the jacuzzi with Grandpa and Daddy. I decided that was a good enough substitute for a bath, and the three of us were asleep by 10 something. I loved starting the new year with a good night's sleep!  

2 comments:

Ashley said...

You are beautiful, my friend! Great family picture! Love the girls' dresses.

Grandpa C said...

Roy's Restaurant has a special place in our hearts as well. Kathi and I stayed at Spanish Bay Resort for our 30th Anniversary and a friend took us out to Roy's for dinner. We especially loved being there at sunset so as to hear the bagpipes being played at a distance at ending at the resort. Good pictures and fond memories.