Thank you instagram for introducing me to planet lunch boxes! I follow weelicious on instagram and she uses these for her kids lunches except for they are filled with insanely unique and exotic foods that my kids would never eat and she also only uses organic things and makes her own everything-like cookies, crackers, whatever. So basically all the inspiration I took from her was to buy the box. I ordered them straight from the company website, though pottery barn kids also sells it's own line of planet lunch boxes. I liked the pink cases (not pictured) and the magnet selection better from the main site. And also I bought one of these for Cora and a mom one for me! Mine only has 3 areas for food instead of 5. They are stainless steel, dishwasher safe, and best of all, Shelby absolutely adores it. Making it all organized is really fun for me and I love not having to use little baggies, ever. I'm sooooo green. Ha. Like anyone truly hip and green would include Cheetos or powdered donut holes. These boxes also remind me of when I was in elementary school in San Jose and my Japanese friends would have the coolest little boxes with their lunches in it. Though they always included seaweed packs which they would try to trade me for whatever yummy snacks I had in my lunch. I only fell for that one once! So salty! I try to take pictures of her little lunches every day for fun because it gives me a mommy thrill to look at all my hard work! I realize that this is definitely boring to everyone else. The school is completely nut and seafood free (not that shelby likes tuna or peanut butter!) and they are so serious about it that a lunch lady looks at each of their lunches every day! Shelby only has 2 current favorite sandwiches in rotation...cheddar cheese with mayo/mustard, and mini bagel with strawberry cream cheese. That's it! Sometimes I make her a sorta lunchable with cheese squares and crackers, but mostly it's those two choices ONLY. I'm sure we will broaden our horizons in time. Luckily she eats every piece of fruit and vegetable I put in there and complains when I accidentally give her too much dessert or crackers.
Cora and I usually walk to the park and have a picnic with our planet boxes.
Probably 3 or 4 days a week. I love mommy stuff!
No comments:
Post a Comment