Aug 27, 2013

summmmer!

How else did we spend summer 2013? Well, we joined the kiwi crate club that sends you an awesome box of projects and all the tools to make them. It's for boys and girls because our buddy boys across the street have it too! There are so many projects included in it too! I have it set to include extra projects for Cora, but she's really too young to care so Shelby just does them for her. 
Check it out here. 

All through the summer the local amusement park Great America had fireworks on the weekends. So one of the nights we went with our neighbors to watch them from their Dad's office...which happens to be the 49er practice facility that is next to the new stadium they are building. :) He's the head of college scouting for the 49ers. Trevor got the full tour of the locker room and practice facility, I even glimpsed it as we walked through! Frank Gore was working out while we were there. Yeeeeee! Go Niners! Can't wait for the stadium to be finished! Oh and the fireworks were fun too, though the kids mostly just liked eating popcorn and candy together outside. :) 

Later that week we met up with Shelby's preschool buddy Grace and her mom at Vasona Lake where we rode the train, the carousel, played at the park, and had a picnic! It was so fun that I didn't take many pics!

Blanket, we love you. Enjoying afternoon quiet time. 

Usually I avoid this area of the Discovery museum, but it's summer and we have nothing else to do. Why not go over to the "face painting" room. :) The kids were in heaven. The rest of the museum was fun as always! 

Afterwards it was back to laundry. I wonder if little boys have as many clothes as little girls? 

And maybe a little dancing in the afternoon? Patrick Swayze has nothing on Trevor! 

Then my kids tried proved Daddy right (traitors!) about not really needing toys when they played with these rolls of duct tape for 2 hours. 

Here's Shelby already using her feminine powers, these are for her best boy friends...homemade cookies on Avenger plates. She know the way to a boy's heart!

Trevor went with me and Allison with her boys to get ice cream on one extra warm night and seriously people were looking at him confused. So we inevitably discussed Sister wives. That show is crazy! 

When we visited our friends the Cleggs, their daughter Olivia showed Shelby the free Barbie apps and so now and forever my phone has a million pictures like these in it! 

Some of the fun things we did this summer weren't photographed. It pains me to say that! 
-Trevor took Shelby to see Turbo, which she LOVED and Trevor said was funny too.
-Shelby went with her buddy Grace to see Smurfs 2 and I was so happy to avoid seeing that one.
-Grace's Mom, Nancy, and I went on a quick girl's day out to see Much Ado About Nothing (Nancy is a high school English teacher and I just really like Shakespeare adaptations because I'm a bit of a nerd.) It was SO GOOD, but the people around us were crazy nerdy and were laughing as if they were watching Dumb and Dumber for the first time. After the movie we had lunch outside at a French restaurant on Santana Row! 

1 comment:

Smith Family said...

That Kiwi Crate looks like so fun! I'll have to check it out! I think I'm really happy that our museums don't have a face painting room lol!! :)