Jun 25, 2013

8 years

I was reading Our Best Bites, one of my favorite blogs both for the recipes and the writing, in May and one of the girls was talking about how dumb she was for getting married in May. I didn't think it was so bad until this year. Oh my goodness! By the time we got past Great Grandpa's birthday, Brett's birthday (we got really into sending him things), and Mother's Day we were too tired to do much for our anniversary! Maybe we will pretend it's in June from now on! This year we celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary! 


My parents were out of town, so we didn't do anything big.We took the kids to see the Croods (just okay). 

This is the one we are REALLY excited about! 

Not epic, it looks pretty silly. And the reviews were awful! Turbo seems promising though...


The only really anniversary type thing I did was to post pictures of our wedding day on instagram. I love our pictures so much. I'm still so glad that I read the advice in a bridal magazine that said to make your photographer your number one planning priority! So true! It's all you have!

I loved posting the picture and tagging almost every single one of these kids and seeing them repost the pictures as throwback thursdays. They are all so big now! 5 of them are in high school! 

Okay, now in this one you can really see what 8 YEARS looks like!!!

May 14th 2005 was definitely a magical day! 

For our gifts we did two things, we gave away this playhouse to a friend, which made Trevor SO happy. He loves how much more room there is in our little yard now! 

And we bought this ottoman which I found on craigslist! Yay! I've been wanting one for so long! 
That night my neighbor brought over an anniversary dinner for us. She's the best!

 Their 10th anniversary was later that week and we returned the favor with a big steak dinner, after we fed the kids of course! Trevor makes the BEST steaks! We can't even order them at restaurants because they pale in comparison. We had this super delicious chocolate dessert from Costco. One of my favorite things in the whole world is having a reason to buy big things from Costco. Everything they make is amazing but it's just such huge quantities (obviously). It makes me want 11 kids just so that I could feel justified in shopping there all the time. Is that a good enough reason? 

1 comment:

Kirs said...

I'm still blog-stalking you. :) We miss you guys! The girls are getting so big and are as cute as ever!