Apr 28, 2010

tomorrow land!

did you know that they re-named tomorrow land, the tomorrow that never was-land? it's not quite as catchy as the original. :) shelby liked it no matter what the name was.
what do we do next?
okay, there. that's not very specific.
look. you found your new sandals. i know, it is weird that you can see your toes.
you are right, i should paint your toenails. i will try, but you know you won't sit still!
well, we finally figured out what to do and headed over to the ride we always go on because there is never a line...the people mover.
what a cute couple.
usually the people mover is oh so relaxing. but somehow the worker said that all six and a half of us could fit in one. she was wrong. i definitely did not keep my hands and arms inside the moving vehicle.
brett's face says it all. and also, shelby was super scared of the dark on the ride. of all things to be scared of, the people mover?
so we went to the ride that we have to go on and that we all enjoy. we also had an argument to settle about it. oh yeah, and the ride was walt disney's favorite, it's called the carousel of progress. so the argument was 2 for and 2 against. trevor and brett thought that they would have updated the final stage, while richard and i thought that it would be the same. verdict? trevor said that the tv was new and possibly the computer monitor, though everything else was extremely 90s and not 00s. oh and just in case you needed a song stuck in your head for eternity........
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Shining at the end of everyday
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
And tomorrow is just a dream away
Man has a dream and that's the start
He follows his dream with mind and heart
And when it becomes a reality
It's a dream come true for you and me
So there's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Shining at the end of ev'ryday
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away

are we the only ones that sing along? we were that time around. though there were alot of non-english speakers at the park. i think the reason that i love that ride is that it doesn't change and it's so strangely comforting. and the rotating theater thing is pretty darn cool too.

afterwards shelby mapped out her attack of the rest of the park
then we will go there, because it is pink. or maybe blue. or...
wait, i can't read, can someone help me?

2 comments:

Janie said...

wow I have so much to comment about. I was going to email you but no one has commented yet so I will leave one.
1. I can't go on the "virtual" space rides either. They make me sick. Although rollercoasters don't.
2. I LOVE Epcot center. My fav. I'm glad you guys like it too:)
3. Shelby is DARLING DARLING DARLING.
4. Your blog is awesome and when I read it I feel as if I'm actually there but not quite.
5.I hated the Nemo ride at Disneyland. Is it different at DW?
6. Thats all for now.

Smith Family said...

What a fun fun trip! I agree - we couldn't have done Disneyland without my mom and dad too! Aren't parents the best?! I think that's funny that people always come up to you saying that Shelby looks like Shiloh. I think Shelby is way cuter! I paint Sophie's toes while she's sitting in her high chair to she can't touch them while they dry. I use the super fast drying ones and blow on them while trying to keep her distracted with something on her tray. Maybe that'll work for Shelby but maybe not! I seriously still do it and she's now 3!