Feb 4, 2010
i have to remember!
last night shelby was sitting on my lap and i was holding an open water bottle. in some spastic fit or crazy dance move shelby hit the bottle and it splashed water all over my face. i was totally startled and yelled and even flashed a bit of anger i think. but i quickly laughed it off and said " uh-oh, shelby got mommy all soaked!" she just looked at me for a little and i wasn't sure if she would cry or what. so she reached behind me over to the side table and grabbed a kleenex and started dabbing the water off my face! it was the sweetest thing ever, just ask trevor. we both just stared at her as she kept cleaning and then gave me a hug. i teared up. no kidding. it made me want to give her all of the chocolate covered raisins and cucumbers and pretzels and spaghetti and otter pops and blues clues and yo gabba gabba that she could ever ask for. (a few of her very favorite things if you haven't guessed already.) we love our girl!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
ADORABLE... and I teared up just reading this. Shelby is precious!!!
I loved the story and appreciate your sharing the moment. We enjoyed our time at the beach, just wished Shelby had been feeling better. I am looking for a window where I can find some time again with the sweetie when she is feeling better. I did enjoy towing her around the block in the flashy wagon. I haven't spent any additional time on my own blog as you suggested, but I will.
Post a Comment