Jan 10, 2015

Halloween!

At all times I carry a "friend"  (what Cora calls her Beanie Boos) in my purse. For a few months she took a different one to preschool every day. By Friday there are usually 5 or more of them in the car. She never ever forgets their names and loves them all so much! It is my favorite collection and it's a habit that Grandma Cindy and I love to support! Of course on Halloween we had to have Pumpkin as well as her bat with us all day long. 

A super rainy Halloween! No rain the day before or the day after. Oh well! Luckily it only really poured here pre-trick or treating. We need the rain so no complaining here!
Resting up for the funnest night of the year!
Pretending to rest too!
Since Daddy was going to be out of town on his birthday we were celebrating on Halloween night. Here we are decorating Trevor's favorite and now traditional birthday treat-homemade mud pie. Oreo crust, Breyer's coffee ice cream mixed with skor bar, covered in fudge!
Trevor was leaving the next morning for his Augusta golf trip with Dad and Brett...excited does not begin to describe it!
Halloween is my favorite holiday. I love the decorations, I love the costumes and the candy and it's cute because it just so happens to be Trevor's favorite holiday too! Never enough pumpkins!
Trevor set up the blacklight, fog machine, a few orange and purple lights, a lit up cobweb, and his spooky music! Ready to see how many people trick or treat in our new neighborhood! Obviously it wasn't going to be as busy as other years because of the rain, but it was steady, a few groups for a few hours. And answering the door is half the fun! A few times when I opened the door, the kids just looked at me and said... your house is SO BIG! It really is for these parts. Thank you kids! 
Jim and Nancy continued our tradition of trick or treating together. We love it! 3rd year in a row!
Trevor and I even sort of dressed up this year!!! I would have worn that shirt every day if it wasn't a bit much. It was so soft! Maybe I'll save it for the girls to wear someday!
I loved that our neighborhood wasn't too busy, it meant we had time to talk to all our neighbors! It was so easy to say, hello! we just moved into the green house! Everyone was SO nice and we loved our new town more with each house! Shelby and Grace were fast and on a mission for candy. Cora and I bailed about halfway through. She and I waddled home with a full bucket and our glow bracelets.




Time for birthday presents! Mom got him a bunch of golf clothes. Happy guy!

Happy birthday Trevor!!!!
After the trick or treaters stopped coming by, our neighbors came over and made spooky gingerbread houses with us and Grace. 
After Grace left, the girls all settled into their tutus and watched a movie about a square pumpkin. Marissa and Mckayla were rainbow dash and pinkie pie. LOVE their costumes! The pregnant moms and supportive dads just got to sit and chat while the girls happily played. It was a great end to a fun day! We love our neighbors! I wish I would have gotten a picture with Lisa, we were SO pregnant!
Life is good in Campbell! 
It was so much fun that I even instagrammed! 

Later in the week when the rain stopeed, we made sure to take some fun pictures in our costumes. There are a million and I love them all! A fun little photo shoot in our happy backyard! 

No comments: