Sep 20, 2013

Great America!


Since Shelby's school started a week after most of the public schools in San Jose, Great America was super empty. We had been wanting to visit all summer and ended up going on the very last day they were open on a weekday. It was so hot but we didn't let that stop us! Mom once took Richard and I here all by herself when we were super little. And I also remember when she was my girl scout leader, how she her brought our whole brownie troop here on her own too! She's awesome! I think the last time I was at Great America was in Jr. High in 1997. Things had changed a bit!
First ride of the day for Shelby and me-the log ride. Totally soaked us and it felt amazing on that hot day! Next we found the kid rides and rode almost every single one!

Super Grandma! After eating lunch in the busiest place in the park, we got the girls in their bathing suits and let them run around in the water area. Shelby wasn't excited about it at all. 
Just kidding. 
Happy, Ecstatic, Overjoyed, Thrilled, Best Day Ever, etc. 
Cora stayed with Grandma while Shelby explored the slides!

There was only one thing that got them to leave the water park...


We finished our trip by playing Grandma's favorite game and then a quick ride on the 2 story carousel. What an awesome way to spend an end of summer day! 

No comments: