Aug 19, 2013

Summer, we got this!

Of course the girls begged to use the courtesy mall strollers when we have FIVE strollers in our garage. 

Also...who needs shoes, right Cora? 

A fun summer story...a middle aged guy driving that silver Chevy whatever was walking back to his car as I was getting gas. I smiled nicely and he gave me a look, and kinda smirked, like you lame mom, you wish you were as cool as me. Whatever, I just went back to waiting for my car to fill up. Then I hear him rev his engine like a jerk and start to drive away and then I heard a LOUD snap and then metal hitting metal. 

I look over and see that he drove off with the gas pump still hooked up to his car!!!!! I then heard him use some choice cuss words and then I laughed and I laughed! The Chevron guy came running out to get the guy and he had to park and go in and pay for his damage. He definitely didn't smirk that time! Crazy! 

I got to take Shelby to the movies just myself for the first time! Trevor usually gets to take her. 
We went with 2 other mom friends and their kids to see Monsters University on the first Saturday it came out. And I can say now in August that it was my favorite kid's movie of the summer!


Baby Cora. Love you! 

Lazy summer afternoons mean that I get to find gems like this! That's baby Shelby and her buddy Bella! 

The weather was strangely rainy in June and so we met the neighbors at the Discovery Museum and even got to use the raincoats that Grandma got us! 

The temporary Curious George exhibit was still a hit!

Though bubbles might be their favorite. 

Future Scientist!

The toddler art wall is also a favorite...


Oh wait, and the water-ball play area. Okay, we love the whole place!


But the museum just wasn't enough for these girls so we met friends at Pump it Up later too! 






Our garden provided just enough baby tomatoes to keep the girls happy! 


Here's Cora's favorite park play thing. She loves numbers!

And I loved this blue sky! Amazing! 

We visited the YMCA the next day to play in their indoor pool and slides. There wasn't time to take any other pictures because we were having so much fun! 

Afterwards we all went to McDonalds, or in other words, we made the kids dreams come true. 
Swimming and McDonalds? Together? YESSSSSS! 

Naps for everyone? DOUBLE YESSSSSS! 

This is Cora the next morning though. She and I are always the first ones up no matter what! 

Happy Hollow turned into a bi-weekly event as well, even if no one else came with us! 
The girls have fun on their own too. 


But we do love doing things with our best buds most of all! 
The crew...6 kids! 



My cheap way of making our own photo booth pictures....



Waiting in the heat for Danny the Dragon was not worth it! 


Seriously Mom? This is what we waited for??? 

The carousel never disappoints! 


Shelby filled the rest of her day with taking pictures of my messy closet, her messy room, etc.!
There I am chatting with the A/C repairman. Get it fixed buddy! (He did) 

Selfie!

We took advantage of the great weather the next day by swimming and having a bbq lunch over at Grandma and Grandpa's house with some friends... all day long....we even stayed long enough to have dinner too! 
A perfect summer day. 



A little putting anyone? 



Puddle Jumpers are the greatest kiddie pool inventions ever! 


I took these next pictures of the kids and didn't realize that Cora was getting into the pool all on her own! 
What a big girl! 

Can you spot Trevor about to hurl a ball at me? 

Don't ask about the hats. 

Making heart signs because they love each other and they love summer! 

No comments: