Jul 24, 2013

BIG SUMMER TRIP Day 2


We stayed in a multi room suite all together so in the morning when Cora woke up first, I just sent her out to find Grandma and got to sleep for an extra hour! It felt like I slept for days and it was heaven to walk out and see the 3 of them like this! 

Curious George starts the morning off right!

We started the trip off at the big SD Zoo. It has been 20 years since I was here! 
Brett was a tiny newborn. It has changed a bit since then!

All Shelby talked about before the trip was how she wanted to see a peacock. And the very first exhibit we looked at had a full-feathered, squawking one welcoming her! 

She had even worn her "peacock" dress! That is one happy girl!

It was cool to see the flamingos tending to their eggs. 

They are Cora's favorite bird that's pink...

Hippos smell really bad you guys. 

Seriously stinky. 


Cora was loving the new joovy stroller we got for the trip! 

Trying to figure each other out.




Play hide and go seek in the zoo? Sure! 



2 year olds should bring their Grandparents with them everywhere they go. 

Sooo tired. 

Great seal impression Shelby!

I don't care about fashion but I do care about wrinkles!

A helicopter pilot and a penguin. She's so versatile!

He was awake! It was very exciting!

That is terrifying though.

I wish Jaguars were tame and I could cuddle with one. He looks so soft.

So there are capybaras here, but everyone was taking pictures and going crazy for the mother and ducklings!

Don't those cages remind you of Jurassic park? 

Cora almost woke up while I took this picture! Oh no! Gotta keep strolling. 
Little girl needs her afternoon nap!



The lion is asleep now. 

And so is Cora again!

Cute couple!

Shelby could not get enough pictures with these statues!


Oh no, I slept through the elephants and the jaguars and the lion? Wait, did you just say I get a popsicle? 
Ok. I'm over it. 

funny girl. 

cool girl.

poser

tiny. 

hi big boys!

Mom loved that second name and made me send a picture of the sign to brett. :)

This guy was huge and was making big noises and pacing back and forth over and over. 

He is stuck in a cage after all! That would make me crazy for sure!

Koala time! They were smaller than I thought and were mostly asleep, hidden in their trees. It was fun to try to find them! All the koalas were separated like BYU students probably for similar reasons, to keep them from breeding, boys on one side of the building and girls way on the other. 




Cora's funny face cracks me up!!! 

At the end of the day we found Shelby's very most favorite animal ever ever...the kimodo dragon! 


This was a baby one!

This was a big one!

Daddy and Shelby love to watch shows about kimodo dragons together. They are such buddies!

You can't really tell how big that dragon was, but take my word for it that he was huge! I've watched just enough about kimodo dragons with them enough to know that they are so dangerous and scary! It's one of the things I sure love about Shelby, that she isn't just into princesses! 


Successful day. We all might pass out. 

But instead of all taking naps in the car, we took a quick drive over to old town San Diego after looking up the best Mexican restaurant on Yelp. And boy were the yelpers right! Not only was this place, called Casa De Reyes, a restaurant, it was also a little village with a ton of shops and little food vendors. 

And a toy store, there's Shelby and Grandma, deep in negotiation!

Outdoor and indoor dining. 

There were live performances going on too. Shelby was a BIG fan!



She and other little tourists got up there and did their best twirling impressions of the dancers. Too cute!

Cora and I were all about the delicious and super prompt food.
Extra impressive considering how busy it was!

mmmmmmm. let's go back. 

No comments: