So, our spring break was pretty casual. We didn't go anywhere other than the mall and the park, which is great since that is fun enough for these two!
We were all excited for the Giants first home game. My mom even got baseball cookies to help celebrate!
And I got my hair cut!!! 6 inches of it! It had literally been 4 and a half months since I had been to the salon. Way too long. I thought someone was going to call into a makeover show and send in a video of me in yoga pants with my wet hair on top of my head taking Shelby to preschool. Yikes. Here's to a new 'do!
Equally as life changing as my hair, I also finally tried the Doritos Locos tacos. A-mazing.
I (finally) put up a wall of family photos too!
Walking up my stairs is one of my favorite things to do now!
I went around the house and took pictures of daily life, like Trevor's golf clubs in the kitchen because he's washing them in the sink, and a minion on the bookshelf...
or an empty amazon box (trevor's favorite one stop shopping site) and a pony and a throw pillow outside on the trampoline...
cora's favorite blocks on the ground, and my car begging to be cleaned out. why do i always have so much stuff in my car? it's a disease i have...
duckies lined up by shelby's bed and a request from shelby to "take a pretty picture of me!
then bath tiiiime!
morning grocery run means cuddling in the pink cart!
hahaha. this dinner cracked me up. everyone wanted their favorite meal, and we all overlapped a bit...
cora wanted chicken nuggets and black beans, shelby wanted a cheese quesadilla with sour cream,
trevor wanted steak and rice pilaf, and i wanted a mock-cafe rio salad! i even made myself a copycat dressing and used cilantro from our garden and the steak Trevor grilled to perfection. It was fantastic!
We were all happy campers that night.
pictures shelby? cora do it?
twist her arm!
pretty pretty princess.
Am I the only mom who thinks that the big toddler cries are hilarious (as long as you aren't in public near people who never had kids and/or are snooty) I took this picture after finding the popular tumbr Reasons My Son Is Crying. Bahahahaha. LOVE IT! So funny and so relatable! I could totally do a tumbr like that, heck, I could start another blog. My captions for my sweet little girl would read "hates the car seat" "doesn't want to wear shoes" "doesn't want to wear a dress to church" "mom went upstairs without me" "the screen door is closed" "i picked all the green strawberries and got in trouble" "the bath isn't filling up fast enough" "i want a popsicle for breakfast" "mom won't let me run in the street"
"in 12 years i'm going to have to wake up for seminary every school day"
okay, not really, but we are in a phase where she is NOT a morning person and cries for no reason
okay, not really, but we are in a phase where she is NOT a morning person and cries for no reason
i think the reason might actually be
"i have 3 molars coming in at the same time and it hurts and i wish i knew cuss words because maybe that would help and i would also like to tell you what's wrong but my vocabulary is not big enough yet though it's getting bigger every day but basically mom, my mouth hurts"
"no diaper" "no pants" "noooooooooooo"
Also, in related news, she climbs out of the crib now and we had to take the side off, so sometimes we have the cutest little 4 am visitor at our bed. On the flip side, she is the cuddliest, sweetest little thing. She would have me hold her and smooch her all.day.long. which I totally love.
Matching new pink converse. cute overload!
man, that car seat. when she arches that back and tries to fight her way out i swear she gets super human strength and i have to use all my upper body muscles to get her in there. my little hulk.
2 comments:
Cute hair cut!!
I seriously laughed out loud reading this post. Because I so relate to all those tantrums. Oh so fun. We miss you guys.
Post a Comment