After returning from Disneyland, Trevor got ready to help his parents with their big move to Reno.
We met them in Lodi, where I dropped Trevor off so that he could make the big drive over the pass with his Mom. They are all settled in now and are loving their new city and new state! We look forward to visiting them this summer.
While he was gone, we had dinner at our neighbor's house. I feel so lucky to have such a great family live directly across the street. Alison loves Cora because she imagines that if she had a girl she would look like my sweet little one. 4 boys. That's alot! Anyway, of course, the mom of 4 offered to make dinner for me and for our other neighbor Kristy who also has two kids. It was a busy house but we still managed to get some good chatting done. Alison and I thought about trying to get these two to eat their spaghetti Lady and the Tramp style. That would have been some serious blackmail someday!
After we got back from dinner, Shelby had to balance out all of that Skylanders Giants she had to play across the street with some dress up time at home!
Putting your feet up on your sister is so darn relaxing.
One night on the way back from my Mom's house, Cora started screaming for no reason. When I got home, she said "owie" and pointed at her mouth. I looked and found that she had somehow chomped on her tongue. Yuck! and Ouch! It healed after a few days but she was definitely in pain. So weird.
Nothing better after a hard day than putting your feet up on your sister.
Shelby started decorating for Valentine's Day really early this year.
The girls are obsessed with hide and seek, mostly because of their Grandpa Curtis.
Mommy's closet is always a great place to hide!
A little after school play time on the Stratford stage
Baby Cora keeps up just fine. Those short legs work overtime!
The Puppet Theater is a total Christmas present succcess!
It's pointless to even try to get those fingers out for pictures.
They are just so delectable apparently!
This girl loves a good joke, especially when she's the one telling it!
"Orange you glad I didn't say banana? I don't get it Shelby."
Our park has a big hill. It's their Everest.
Uncle Richard sent us this cool photo of him in his official Sundance worker jacket.
He literally lost count of how many movies he saw. SO JEALOUS!
I can't wait to see Austenland! His stories about how the ladies in the audience were practically on the floor laughing was pretty hilarious. I know I will be one of those women because I'm sure I will love that movie since I loved the book. Hurry up Sony Pictures and release that thing!
Goodness girls are so fun to dress.
I love when they do silly dress up days on Fridays!
This one was crazy hair day, though we made it crazy stripe day too.
Neither of the girls cared that most of the class had either forgotten or were totally lame and didn't do crazy hair. They were so proud of their pigtails! Shelby really wanted to wear a wig but after about two seconds she figured out that she wouldn't be able to run as fast outside (running fast is her life) so the wig was out.
On off days from Preschool, Petco and Party City are fun ways to fill our day!
They are so excited to see each other in the morning. Warms my heart.
January was good to us and so we had a few days where the girls could jump outside without pants.
With My Little Ponies in hand of course!
They are such buds.
Cora's hair is totally long enough for pig tails, but she (clearly) HATES having anything in her hair.
Sad face.
Our Stake had a Primary activity and each ward had a station that went along with the 2013 theme, I am a Child of God. The girls had so much fun! They made handprints, FHE kits, magnets, and more!
They also got to go through "life" in all it's pre and post mortal stages. They loved it.
They also got to lay down and make full body outlines on paper.
Coloring it in was the best part!
That same day, we went with Grandma to her stake's Chinese New Year Party!
Mom had fun showing off her Chinese-speaking-son-in-law to the Chinese ward and other people in the stake who speak Chinese as well. I just stand there and grin and nod while he speaks in that crazy language!
Shelby was SO excited to celebrate Chinese New Year and wear her red dress. I thought that for sure Trevor would know someone there, and I was so right! He saw the Elder who picked him up from the airport when he got to Taiwan for his mission! Trevor really liked him. We sat with his family, he has three kids and his wife is actually from Taiwan. They have two girls and then a boy. :) I was in heaven listening to their stories. SO FUN! They loved their mission president and both had such great success on their mission as well. I'm very proud of my husband and his missionary service. He's so awesome.
The girls loved the Chinese buffet of course, though they loved the dragon centerpieces even more!
We left with two of them!
Sundays...the craziest day of the week. Day of rest-right!
Shelby is still enjoying her after-school science club.
I would have put her in just to see her wear the lab coats. She's totally nerd-chic.
Whenever I say it's bath time, the girls race up the stairs, so excited. Well, Cora doesn't always race, sometimes she makes me be different animals with her, like we have to meow like a kitty and lick our paws while we crawl up the stairs. I love bath time because it means it's almost bedtime! Yawn. Cora usually asks to sit on the potty during bath time. Nothing happens, but it's a start!
No comments:
Post a Comment