Mar 4, 2013

February 2013

We started February off right with a brownie-cookie ice cream sundae with heart sprinkles on FHE night. 

Their favorite thing to do for FHE is to watch Mormon Messages on Youtube. We sing and listen and I am so grateful for technology that gives us instant lessons! I also love the weekly FHE ideas from the Friend that pop up on Facebook every Monday.

Because I didn't want Cora turning into a second child cliche', we signed up for a month of Gymboree classes. That's me with the long hair as photographed by big sister. 

She had fun taking pictures, watching the kids, and playing fruit ninjas on the ipad. 

All Cora wanted to do was climb and slide, she wasn't a fan of the songs or other activities except for the bubbles of course. 

After class there was free gym time so Shelby didn't feel left out! 

A month was good enough, I can say she did Gymboree now! 
She basically just used it as an indoor park, and those are outside for free. Ha. 
I might try an actual gymnastics class for them this summer, we will all need the energy release! 

Once in a while during preschool, Cora and I visit Grandma and baby girls gets some good one-on-one time. 
Usually she takes a solid nap so we stay at home during that time if I'm very lucky and the stars all align. 

Baby Brett!
I sent him a copy of this picture so that he could prove to any Montana people 
that he has been a 49er fan for life. 

Not a single doll has ridden in that stroller! Sometimes they get going a little fast and scare me. 

So on Instagram last month everyone was doing the "5 things you don't know about me" thing and a few friends tagged me but I couldn't ever figure out anything to write. It was too much pressure! But if I did post, this is the picture I was going to use. Those dog socks kill me. This was when we lived in Monte Sereno, just a few minutes from where my parents live now in Saratoga. 


Cora is the first one awake in the mornings. Sometimes we just hang out in her room for a while and play or read books together. This morning she really wanted to snuggle with "baby bear". Ridiculously adorable. 
She may have tried to nurse him too...



The park near us is usually pretty busy but luckily it's huge so it doesn't phase these two. 


Grandma Cindy was out of town and requested photos-here's their "smiles".

After bathtime, Cora's favorite little tradition is when I wrap her up tight and call her baby and goo goo gah gah with her. I always have to lotion her up because she has my yucky dry skin. Sorry girl! 

Someone stole my phone to take a quick picture of the pony hair salon. 
Looking fabulous ladies!

Shelby was so excited to show me her picture of Beethoven. 
She cracks me up! 

Give me some fruit snacks and nobody gets hurt. 

Seriously Shelby, I'm not messing around. 
Go get the fruit snacks. 

Hello? Nobody takes me seriously around here. 

Spoooooky Shelby! Watch out! 

Guess where these chickens live? 

If you said car wash, then I'm impressed but you probably have been to this place on Almaden Expressway. 
It's awesome! And it's right by Yogurtland, our family favorite. 

We visited "The Jungle" a Chuck e Cheese like place on Camden. It was ghetto but we had fun anyway, the best part was when you got drinks for the kids they came in a tall spring break/vegas looking Jungle Juice cup. The girls got totally wasted on pink lemonade. Fun times! Afterwards we went over to an Asian market and looked at all the live seafood, picked out some fun stuff for Trevor to make for dinner, and then lit fireworks in the middle of a strip mall. It was a few days before Chinese New Year, everyone was doing it! Very festive and fun! 

There are lots of parks to choose from near our house, though they are all kinda old. 
But that just means they are all very unique. Like this elephant. What exactly is it for? 

We used it for pictures of course. 

Hugs for Panda before he had to brave the big slide. 


Good luck Panda, I'll be right behind you! 



 Both girls were hysterically laughing over their big bellies. It's a timeless joke!

We have definitely reached the stage where little sister has started getting into big sister's personal space. 

The love each other very much and almost always get along, even with just one Ipad to go around. 

Cora thought it was just another ordinary day and that Carl's Jr. would be the highlight, but afterwards we visited toys r us and picked out a train table! Trevor couldn't wait until her birthday to put it together. What's a week when you don't even know it's your birthday anyway?

They both love it! Happy early Birthday Cora! 

Shelby loves finding fun things in Lodi, like her uncle's old trophies. 

Could they be any sweeter? 

We had Pietro's on this visit, and Shelby finally discovered how delicious their giant bread is. 
Yes, that is bread and it's bigger than Shelby's face. 

Only one thing could be happening here...

Yup, it's definitely time to feed Rosie, everyone's favorite mutt. 

She's such a sweet dog, and she just pees like crazy out of pure joy when the girls come over. 

Child prodigies. 



She's such a sweetie to put up with all the "love" from my kids!


There should be a "splash zone" sign like at sea world around the bath. 
Definitely don't wear your outfit at bath time. 

Shelby requested a picture with her best bud Kara on the way into class this day. 
When her mom and I get to school at the same time, the girls practically lunge out of the cars so that they can hold hands into class. 

Project Runway. 
I feel like the last person still watching it. I just fast forward to the runway part. 
All team challenges this season. So rugged! 

Sorry I can't sew you clothes Cora! 

The Cleggs came to visit us for the weekend. And just like the last two times, we barely took any pictures. It must be a sign of how much fun we have that we don't take the time to get out our phones. This was on the last night where we braved dinner with 4 kids and somehow survived. Olivia could not be a better friend, those girls did not fight for a single second and played together for two days straight. 

These two played together so well too. :) 
Jen looked amazing and pregnant and I am so excited to meet their baby Evelyn soon! 

Since we are still trying to get tiny Cora to bulk up a bit, most nights end with ice cream-though not usually straight from the carton. One less bowl to clean though! 

Sisters. 


Our house has a lemon tree in the backyard weighed down with fruit, so one night Shelby and I decided to whip up a lemon cake with fresh lemon buttercream. 

I had to get the rest to the neighbors as quickly as possible. Yum. 

Our neighbors brought my girls Mardi Gras masks and beads back from the Super Bowl. The Dad is one of the head scouts for the 49ers. Alison, the wife, said that the flight home (on the plane with the players and staff) was a looooong, sad flight. So sad. 

For a fun, pre-birthday dinner, we took Cora to Benihana's. Okay, fine, the birthday was an excuse. But it was fun to go back to this one in Cupertino where we lived for a year before we moved to Lodi. I was totally having flashbacks when we went to the ice rink downstairs where I had my 10th birthday-my party was troll themed you guys. 

Back to Benihana's. It was awesome as always. 

Shelby was totally riveted the whole time and begged for an onion volcano at the end. 

Mmmmmmm. I'm sure they serve freshly fried rice in heaven. 

No comments: