Nov 5, 2012

livin' life


 it was so crazy moving at the same time as my parents. but we all survived somehow. though even when we were all living out of boxes there were still important things to do, like send fun stuff to brett, ahem, elder thawley! he was so excited to see mom and dad's new house. so it was my job to take some pictures and send them to montana. he's excited to see it in a couple years! by then mom and dad will have finished getting it just they way they like it so it will be perfect timing. 

we are looking forward to using this outdoor space next summer!

there's lots of room to play here! also, i think dad is hoping that if he stares at the leaves long enough then they will disappear. 

 the family that owned the house before left the trampoline for us (shelby)! score! 



 they also left a play house! we are so excited to put a little kitchen and things inside! 

 they may move in permanently...

 little girl heaven. 




also, mom and dad are so happy to be back in a one story home. yay! 

 the kitchen is great, though they have big plans for a renovation next year.



check out brett's closet of clothes awaiting his return. he's lucky that dad and trevor aren't his size or else this closet would be empty for sure! 

 dad's library is the only two story area of the house. up these stairs is a big library area, which is good since the movers packed 42!!! boxes of books! as always, you never know how much stuff you have until you have to move it!

the house is on a quiet road with 4 other houses. nice and peaceful. 

 it always looks like a party with all our cars there.

 oh and there's a pool cover-in case you were worried.



the fountains look extra cool at night! 

 october in california= falling leaves and shorts! 

 and ice cream. 

 cora ALWAYS eats the bottom of the cone first. fun. 

 sugar daze...though you can't be at grandma's house and not eat ice cream. 
that's against the laws of nature. 


honestly the hardest part of moving has been keeping this sweet little toddler happy while there was so much to do. it was super tough on her and i've tried to spend lots of time playing with her now that we are here. there wasn't enough elmo in the world to help when mommy was so busy for so long! but even when she's crying i still think she's cute 'cause she's my baby and i love her.  




 all it takes is a little distraction and we're back on track. 
once she realized i was taking her picture she was happy again! cheeeese! 

 i made sure to get our front room all put together because the bishopric/relief society came over right away and i wanted it to look presentable! and it was nice to have one room that we could go to where there weren't any boxes staring us down. 

 the girls seriously love all of the space in the new house. here they are both wearing pieces from shelby's halloween costume. it was actually too small-that skirt is pretty scandalous and those boots are a bit pretty woman. so i ordered a bigger size for shelby and cora fit into that one! baby girl loves to be like her big sister so it was a perfect plan! 







shelby said that they are "wonder girl and super baby!" 


 my little superhero


 look! we have a dining room table now! i feel so adult. 

i also love that we live in a real neighborhood and that we have a backyard with grass! 
(not pictured but it's there)

and also my biggest dream has come true-we have a playroom! downstairs! by the kitchen! it's been so fun putting it all together and I can't wait to add to it. shelby and cora rush downstairs to it every morning. heaven. 

 now the blue door i could do without, but it's unique, 
and i can say "it's the one with the blue door" when giving directions. 

i always see other people posting pictures of their kids sleeping, so i thought i needed at least one. the thing is, my kids barely ever sleep (so it seems), so these pictures are rare. but this is how cora loves to snooze, on her tummy, on the boppy. it's her happy pillow and she's loved to sleep on it since she was about a year old. 

she's happy with any blanket, doesn't matter to her, unlike her sister. 

 also, we will be sticking with the crib for a loooong time. 
i'm not interested in a big girl bed for my baby. maybe ever. 

she naps during preschool, which i absolutely love and is the reason i am posting this very minute!
well, it's almost 3:30. time to go pick up shelby! 

2 comments:

Parkinson Family said...

Hi Alisha! I always love to read your blog and get excited to see ur comments on mine! Congrats on surviving ur move! Ur old place was beautiful and ur new place looks great too! It's exciting to start fresh. We moved 6 months ago and I still feel like our front room is our only "clean" room at times! I love the playhouse at ur parents' new place - so super darling! I nursed Lydia until she was 15 months and then I was just totally done with it. My dresses in my closet were calling me. I wish I remember my trick. I'm amazed at what I forget with each kid. I think I gradually dropped each session until I would only nurse her once a day while putting her to sleep at bedtime. It seems like we had a vacation, like maybe Disneyland, so there was a big distraction and that's when I officially ended even the bedtime nursing and never went back. Lydia was pretty ready tho and adjusted to a sippy easily. Sweet Cora might not want another change right now with her big move...good luck!!!

Ashley said...

That play house at your parents' house is darling! How fun! Their house looks beautiful. Your house looks great! Love all of your bright pillows. I want to come visit right now! I miss you guys.