Mar 29, 2011

finally!

ever since we moved to beautiful dublin, california i have wanted to go to the st. patrick's day celebration. the first year we were here, my mom and i braved the cold and took baby shelby to the little parade. it was fun. but i could never get anyone to go the festival with me. until this year! 


it was the perfect storm.  everything aligned for it to happen.
first of all, since trevor found out he was irish the week before st. patrick's day he was totally into it. i've never seen him wear green for the holiday and this year he went all out. (for him anyway, he didn't paint his face or anything.) so that was the first part. next, it was a gorgeous, sunny day. and finally, our friends wanted to go too. hooray! so off we all went. us dublin residents enjoying our city's greatest event!


and shelby didn't even realize, but now she knows that she is irish on both her mom and dad's side!
yeah!
aren't they darling? they are best friends.
i love them.
shelby wanted to ride the rides at the festival. we did not.
so for the same price as tickets we bought her this purple princess wand!
perfect distraction! point for mom and dad.
her shirt says "lucky to be me." no kidding.
can you see cora's blanket? it's shamrocks with pink hearts! perrrrfect.
we were so flipping festive! look at us! but don't look at poor cora's head. i promise she was fine.
wow. i think my hair is blond, and then i look at shelby. hello! my daughter has such darling hair!
you can see my green eye shadow here. we don't mess around with st. patrick's day here in dublin.
the festival was very simple. food, rides, booths. bands playing and little kids doing irish dancing! like a small version of the grape festival except i wasn't scared for my life.
shelby was just thrilled to be out of the house!
mommy was pretty boring those first few weeks after cora was born!
here i am showing everyone what cora's sleeper said. "mommy's little charmer" absolutely! she charms me right out of bed all night and i love it! she is the sweetest, cuddliest baby and i am so lucky to be her mom.
here are the boys, and shelby. hey steve. where's the green buddy?
me and jen. i love that the moms actually got a picture! yay!
 happy st. patty's day!

3 comments:

Chantalle said...

That looks so fun!! I wanted to go but it was the same day as the consignment sale. Next year! I haven't been since high school (when everything was lame) :)

Ashley said...

What a darling little family! I love all your festive green.

Steven & Jennifer Clegg said...

I've been a blogging bum. I'm glad I finally saw this post though :) I love that picture of us. I think I'm going to blow it up and hang it in our house somewhere :) No lie. I miss you so much!!!!