May 12, 2010

don't mess with the thumb

seriously, don't mess with it. because i will mess with you.
i love that thumb and how much it has soothed my baby girl from birth.



when she was a few months old my mom got her this pink blanket which we call "bunny blanket" because of the (duh) bunnies on it. somehow shelby rubbed one part so much that the seam came off. it's her favorite part. when i give her the blanket sometimes i have to find her little spot so that she can hold it.
she did the same thing to her back-up pink blanket. sometimes she puts one hand through each seam and wears the blankets as bracelets. other times she puts them on her feet and pulls them up her leg. at night i check to make sure they aren't cutting off circulation!
as she sees blanket nearing her she pops her thumb in and gets cozy.
thumb and blanket are a dream team and i am eternally grateful to both.

3 comments:

Grandpa C said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Grandpa C said...

When I was a a Toddler I also sucked my thumb and would carry around a small blanket my mother had crocheted. I would say golly golly while holding it and sucking my thumb. You can now check out some of my pictures on Picassa and I am Magic Eye Photo

the Queen of the Castle said...

SO CUTE!! Sydney does the same thing... blankie equals thumb and happiness!! I always wanted a thumb sucker and I am SO happy I have one! Love it!!!