Dec 30, 2009

traumatic

oh look! shelby is watching the clothes spin in the dryer. how cute!

wait a minute. that doesn't look like a happy face!

and there it is. the huge trauma of having your blanket washed. we have 4 favorite blankets that are the same but in different colors to alleviate this problem. (so i thought!) i had slyly taken them away to wash all the dirt that comes from her dragging theme everywhere. they were almost dry, but that beautiful front loader gave away my secret! another time i had thrown her bunny blanket into the washer and walked away to get more clothes. she pulled out the drawer and climbed halfway in to get that dirty pink blanket.


needless to say, i'm a big sucker and after this picture i got out her still-wet blanket for her. (i finished drying it after she went to bed.) wow. so traumatic and so funny.

6 comments:

Janie said...

Same thing happens when I try to wash Ayson's doggy blanket. Also, I know what blankets you are talking about and Macey holds one of those blankets close to her face when she goes to sleep. I like the stay soft ones. Thanks! and happy bday!

Ashley said...

That is possibly one of the saddest things I have ever seen. Bless her little heart.

Anonymous said...

I actually remember my mom having to wash our blankets when we were little, and that once they weren't dry by bedtime... oh the trauma!

Becky said...

That is so funny. Charlotte is the SAME way. It is TRAUMA washing the blankies!

Ms. Green Eyes said...

that is hilarious!

the Queen of the Castle said...

LOVE HER!!!!! So cute!