Dec 20, 2009

Christmas-y stuff


i love celebrating the birth of the Savior Jesus Christ and i love that this nativity is wooden and shelby-proof so she can play with it. nativities are a big deal in my family. my mom has a HUGE collection of them and displays them year round. its a cool thing to collect. i admit that i love all of the other holiday parts of Christmas too.



i'm a Christmas movie junkie. i love 'em. i already watched our family favorite all i want for Christmas. combining parent trap (sort of) and new york at Christmastime is a recipe for success if you ask me!


and i cry during this one every year too. come to think of it i guess i do like new york at Christmas movies the most! like the family man, serendipity, elf (trevor's fave), even white Christmas starts out in new york (i think).


shelby has her favorite. we learned all about kwanzaa and hannukah too. the nativity play with cookie monster as a wise man bringing cookies for the baby Jesus is my favorite part.

and i was all over the free Christmas album from itunes. i loved the david archuleta first noel and the weezer we wish you a merry Christmas and more! for free! it made my day. trevor is more of a traditional Christmas music person, like josh groban singing oh holy night.





but we can agree on one thing: mariah. and she is still making bank of of this old album. every year it's back in the top itunes downloads. it really is the best.


we decorated pretty simply this year. no Christmas tree. but i did hang non-breakable ornaments on the stair garland.


and i made this festive decoration from mini tree and sparkle snow that we got from anthropologie. i stare at it....


and i put my favorite ornament in to display. isn't it cool? Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Becky said...

I love that you LOVE Christmas movies and music too. I listen to Xmas music everytime I am in the car, when I am cooking, and when I get home from work, or pretty much every night.. I just want to watch all the Christmas movies on TV!